With the Guide, you can lead your team outdoors with the security of knowing you're prepared with the medical kit carried by the International Mountain Guides for their trips up Mt. Rainier and around the world. This group first aid kit contains an abundance of hospital-quality first aid supplies to meet the needs of seven people headed into the backcountry on adventures of up to two weeks. Inside, you'll find everything from everyday hiking essentials like After Bite® and GlacierGel™ to wilderness first aid supplies like the flexible C-Splint™ and QuikClot®. The water-resistant medical bag organizes the contents by injury into clearly-labeled, semi-transparent pockets using the Easy Care™ organization system, making it easy for anyone in your group to provide fast and effective first aid. Whether you're a professional guide looking for an expedition first aid kit or an adventurer looking for a wilderness first aid kit, the Mountain Guide kit is the essential addition to your trekking or backpacking gear that your team can count on to get you there and back safely.
Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
Know how to provide life-saving medical care. Written by wilderness medicine expert Eric A. Weiss, MD, this book includes over 50 improvised techniques and 100 illustrations for treating outdoor injuries and illnesses.
The Choice of Outdoor Professionals
Pack the wilderness first aid kit chosen by the International Mountain Guides as the official medical kit all their guides carry to lead expeditions around the world.
Find it Fast Design
Find supplies quickly using the external kit map for fast reference of all kit contents and the Easy Care First Aid® System, which organizes contents by injury into clearly-labeled pockets.
QuikClot® & C-Splint™
Control severe bleeding with QuikClot® Gauze, the hemostatic agent trusted by the US military. Stabilize fractures, sprains, and strains with the flexible C-Splint™ and triangular bandages.
Provide hospital-quality care with tools that set the standard in backcountry medicine, including a digital thermometer, irrigation syringe, wound closure strips, tincture of benzoin, and EMT shears.
Blister & Burn Treatment
Stop blisters before they start with die-cut moleskin that reduces friction. Apply GlacierGel™ hydrogel dressings to developed blisters or burns for cooling relief that cushions and protects.
- Size:10" x 5.5" x 7"
- Weight:2.15 lbs
- Group Size:1 - 7 People
- Trip Duration:1 - 14 Days
- Cuts & Scrapes
- 10 – Easy Access Bandages®, 1" x 3" Fabric
- 5 – Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
- 10 – Antiseptic Wipe
- 3 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- 4 – Alcohol Swab
- 2 – Tincture of Benzoin
- Fracture / Sprain
- 1 – C-Splint™, Aluminum & Foam Padded, 4" x 36"
- 1 – Triangular Bandage
- 1 – Elastic Bandage with Hook & Loop Closure, 3"
- Instruction / Instrument
- 1 – Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
- 1 – Digital Thermometer, 90°F – 105°F
- 1 – CPR Face Shield
- 1 – EMT Shears, 4"
- 1 – Duct Tape, 2" x 2.5 yd.
- 1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- 3 – Safety Pin
- 2 – Plastic Vial (Large Flip-top)
- 1 – Patient Assessment Form
- 1 – Pencil
- 1 – Register Your Kit Card
- 3 – After Bite® Sting & Bite Relief Wipe
- 4 – Diamode (Loperamide HCI 2 mg.), 4 Pkg./1
- 8 – Aspirin (325 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
- 4 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.), 4 Pkg./1
- 16 – Ibuprofen (200 mg.), 8 Pkg./2
- 8 – Acetaminophen (500 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
- Stop Bleeding Fast
- 1 – QuikClot® Gauze, 3” x 24”
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 8" x 10"
- 1 – Trauma Pad, 5” x 9”
- 4 – Nitrile Glove
- Wound Care / Blister / Burn
- 1 – Wound Irrigation Tool, 20cc. with 18 Gauge Tip
- 10 – Wound Closure Strip, 1/4" x 4"
- 6 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4" x 4"
- 6 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2" x 2"
- 3 – Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 3" x 4"
- 2 – Conforming Gauze Bandage, 3"
- 1 – Tape, 1" x 10 yd.
- 2 – GlacierGel™ Blister & Burn Dressing, (Small Rectangular)
- 28 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
- 4 – Cotton Tip Applicator
The Guide is essential for leading a group on any long outdoor excursion. Ideal for outings lasting up to two weeks, it’s equipped with an abundant array of necessities to treat everything from severe bleeding, fractures, and pain to everyday aches, blisters, and scrapes. The Guide empowers you to provide high-quality first aid to several people and explore the wilderness with greater security—and enjoyment. As with any good guide, you can count on this one!